Monday 12 March 2018

Recent Sightings

Right it is about time that I got into a routine of posting on here! So here goes....Windmill Farm is going from strength to strength in my own biased opinion - if you have not been down since the Windmill viewing platform has been open you should pop in. There is unrivalled views across The Lizard peninsula and beyond. Bird wise it is a bit quiet at the moment - although we currently have 12 Pintail on Ruan Pool - the previous best was 5. It has also been a great winter for Firecrests.





Every year I try and find a January Adder - my earliest record is currently the 16 Feb (2017). This year my earliest was on the 17th Feb - I have known this individual for 3 years and he is always one of the first awake and last to go into hibernation.



It has also been a good year for white winged gulls.  Iceland and Med Gull from Coverack, Glaucous from St Gothian Sands.




Wishing you all a fruitful Spring!



2 comments:

  1. Great post.must try and get down soon.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, thanks . Give me a shout if you are ever down this way and I will try and meet up. Cheers now dougy

      Delete