Sunday 25 March 2018

Latest stuff week ending 25 March

What a strange week weather wise. As I said last week I cancelled the walk at the Farm on the 18th and rescheduled it for today - the 25th (my birthday - 30th lol). 6 people turned up and we had a great morning. We saw 3 Adders, 5 Slow Worms, 2 Common Lizard, 1 Newt and a Stoat. Birdwise the highlight was 4 Pintail.


I was particularly pleased to catch up with this guy today as when I saw him last Sunday he had ice on him! I have known this chap since he was born - he is 3. It was also really good to find a very young newt under one of my sheets (Palmate); this guy was about 2.5cm long.


There were not that many birds around today but I did manage to bag a decent record shot of one of the 4 singing Skylarks,


 
 
 
The rarest find of the day was the 3 Lobed Water Crowfoot that we have on the Farm. It has just started flowering.
 


 



Love this time of year..full of promise and expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment