Monday 9 April 2018

Spring is coming lol

Well the weather has finely turned a little Spring like and the first migrants are in on the Farm. I normally have had my first Damselfly (Large Red) by now - but it is too cold. No March Willow Warblers or Swallows but both turned up this week. I also had a couple of lingering/passing Raptors this week.

 
 
There were two S E owls hunting over Predannack Airfield and a Merlin roosting nearby,
 


 

There are 3 Roe Deer regulary feeding in the arable fields.

 
 


 
I spent hours over the weekend at the Farm hoping that one of the Alpine Swifts would come my way but in the end I had to go down to the village for them - Alpine is not on the Farm list.
 
There are plenty of Adders about.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Great post,I must try and visit Windmill.
    Hope to catch up with you soon.
    John.

    ReplyDelete