Monday 16 April 2018

Spring is nearly, nearly here......

Another week of high expectations...not fulfilled birdwise at Windmill - apart from a good influx of Willow Warblers and 2 Groppers no other migrants have braved the journey to date. I am hoping that the warm weather, forecast for this coming week, will push some birdies my way.
 
There have been some good signs of things starting to happen with a couple of Green Veined Whites and an Oil Beetle out on the Lizard coast path yesterday. I also went down to the Farm early yesterday (it was cold and mizzly) and I found this lil beauty:
 
 
 
 
This is a female Emperor Moth - she was very wet and limp - I came back later in the day and she was much perkier! It won't be long until she attracts a mate. Whilst I was on the way to check on her I nearly stepped on this little bad boy....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also found another new adder on Saturday. That is 9 individuals this year so far.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment