Monday 14 May 2018

Cuckoo

Another week has gone by with no rarities crossing my patch (whilst I am there!). I managed to get a few decent shots of a Cuckoo (there were 3 males calling on Sunday).


This chap was being harassed by a Meadow Pipit. One of the regular visitors to the Farm (Al Taylor and his partner Sheila) saw a SE Owl being harassed by a Red Kite - see the shot below (thanks Al). It is good to see the SE Owl still around! I managed to miss all the Red Kites over the last ten days. I did bag my first Swift yesterday though.


The Dragons and Damsels are emerging in good numbers - to date I have seen Broad Bodied Chaser, 4 Spotted Chaser, Black Tailed Skimmer, Beautiful Damsel, Azure Damselfly, Blue Tailed Damsel and Large Red Damselfly. Windmill Farm is a superb location for dragonflies.

Broad Bodied Chaser (Female)

There are also still a few snakes out and about. Here is one of the young girls from the carpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment