Monday 7 May 2018

Latest stuff

Well what a cracking Bank Holiday Weekend - I managed to evade all the Red Kites but hey ho...I will get some next weekend. I have been away (birding in Cyprus) hence no post last week; I shall do a Cyprus blog post soon.

Anyway here what's been going on at Gates. A couple of weekends ago I met up with my new lil mate - Charlie Francis-Trevail - and had a walk around the reserve looking for Adders and birds. Charlie found these beauties:

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Birdwise Charlie and I found Grasshopper Warbler, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Whitethroat, Sedge Warbler, Cuckoo and Redd Bunting. I managed to get record shots of some of them.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


I think Charlie had a good time - looking forward to his next visit.
 
This weekend was glorious - the weather was amazing and I spent many hours at the farm. There are a few Dragonflies on the wing - Broad Bodied Chaser, 4 Spotted Chaser, Black tailed Skimmer and Large Red Damselfly. I also had a lovely view of a Stoat and Green Winged Orchids are blooming.
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment